- The process of making something active or operational.
- The process of causing a chemical reaction or a physical change by adding energy.
- The process of enabling a computer program or a device by entering a code or making a configuration change.
From latin activatio, from activare ("to make active"), from actus ("a doing, a driving") + -vare ("to make") -ive.
- The activation of the alarm system was done by pressing the button.
- The activation of the catalyst led to a faster reaction.
- The activation of the software required a valid license key.
- The activation of the nuclear reactor was a complex process.
- The activation of the device was done by connecting it to the internet.