A substance or device that is used to activate or bring something into operation.
Derived from the verb "activate", which means to make something active or bring it into operation.
- The activator in the car's ignition system is responsible for starting the engine.
- Chemicals activator is added to the mixture to initiate the reaction.
- A specific enzyme activator is required to catalyze the metabolic process.
- The UV light activator is used to cure dental fillings.
- The activator in the fire alarm system triggers the alarm when it detects smoke.