- Involved in or participating in an action, especially a process or event.
- Full of energy and enthusiasm.
- Having a part in producing a particular effect or result.
The word 'active' originated from the latin word 'activus' which means 'effective' or 'full of energy'.
- She is an active member of the environmental group.
- He is known for his active lifestyle and daily exercise routine.
- The company is looking for an active investor to provide financial support.
- She remains active in politics even in her old age.
- The active ingredient in this medicine is aspirin.