- A person who performs in a theatrical play, film, or television show.
- A person who plays a role in a performance or production.
- A person who acts in a professional capacity.
- A person who performs a role or acts in a particular way in real life.
- A person who plays a part in an event or situation.
Late middle english: from latin actor, agent noun from agere "do".
- He is an experienced actor.
- She is an actor who is known for her comedic roles.
- He is an actor who has won multiple awards.
- The company has hired an actor to play the role of the CEO.
- The politician is a skilled actor who can change his position on an issue.