Relating to the work of an actuary, especially the calculation of insurance and pension risks and premiums.
From the noun "actuary", which is a person who uses statistical methods to calculate the likelihood of events such as deaths, illnesses, and accidents, and to assess the financial costs of such events.
- The company hired an actuarial consultant to help them price their insurance products.
- Actuarial science is a discipline that applies mathematical and statistical methods to assess risk in insurance, finance, and other industries.
- An actuarial career is a good choice for those who are interested in mathematics, statistics and finance.
- Actuarial tables are statistical tables used to calculate insurance and pension risks.
- Actuarial exams are a series of professional examinations that aspiring actuaries must pass in order to become credentialed.