- The process of putting into action, activating, or starting a device or mechanism.
- The act of causing something to operate or work.
Derived from the latin actus, 'act' or 'movement'.
- The actuation of the mechanical arm was controlled by a computer.
- The actuation of the valve allowed the water to flow.
- The actuation system is responsible for controlling the movements of the robot.
- The actuation of the launch mechanism was successful.
- The actuation of the elevator was smooth and quiet.