- A device or mechanism for converting energy into motion.
- A device that transforms an input signal into physical movement or action, especially in an automated system.
Late 19th century: from actuate, on the pattern of earlier words such as motor.
- The actuator is responsible for moving the machine's arm.
- The actuator converts electrical signals into mechanical movement.
- The actuator is a key component in controlling the operation of the valve.
- The actuator on the robot's arm allows it to grip objects.
- The actuator is an important part of the control system for the aircraft.
Some random words: glue, refreshment, uninterrupted