- A traditional Chinese medical practice that involves the insertion of fine needles into specific points on the body to balance the flow of energy.
- The practice of using fine needles to stimulate points on the body to relieve pain or treat various medical conditions.
From latin acus ("a needle") + punctura ("a pricking"), from pungere ("to prick").
- Acupuncture has been used for thousands of years to treat various medical conditions.
- Acupuncture is an alternative form of medicine that is becoming increasingly popular.
- The acupuncture treatment helped to relieve the pain in my back.
- Acupuncture is based on the belief that energy flows through the body along pathways called meridians.
- Acupuncture is a safe and effective form of treatment for many medical conditions.