- A antiviral drug used to treat infections caused by herpes viruses, including genital herpes, shingles, and chickenpox.
- A medication used to prevent or treat viral infections.
Derived from its chemical name, 2-amino-1,9-dihydro-9-[(2-hydroxyethoxy)methyl]-6h-purin-6-one.
- Acyclovir is commonly used to treat genital herpes.
- The patient was prescribed acyclovir to treat the shingles.
- Acyclovir is a well-tolerated antiviral drug.
- Acyclovir is used prophylactically to prevent outbreaks of genital herpes.
- The acyclovir cream was effective in reducing the duration of the cold sore.