- A device for connecting pieces of equipment that cannot be connected directly.
- A person or thing that makes something suitable for a new use or situation.
Late 16th century (as a noun denoting a person who adapts): from latin adaptare "make fit".
- I need to buy a new power adapter for my laptop.
- This camera requires a special adapter to connect to the telescope.
- The teacher is an adapter who was able to make the lesson plan suitable for all the students.
- This phone does not have a headphone jack but it comes with an audio adapter.
- The company is an adapter in the field of renewable energy.
Some random words: dauber, inflate, hallucinogenic