- The state of being addicted to a particular substance or activity.
- An overwhelming need to continue doing or using something.
Late middle english: from latin addictio(n-), from addicere "deliver up, abandon", from ad- "to" + dicere "say".
- He has a drug addiction.
- She has an addiction to gambling.
- The addiction to cigarettes is hard to break.
- The addiction to the internet is affecting his work.
- The addiction to social media is consuming his life.
Some random words: itch, paramecium, burden