- The action or process of adding something to something else.
- Something added to something else.
- The arithmetic operation of summing.
- The process of including something as an extra or as part of a larger whole.
- The state of being added to something else.
Late middle english: from old french, or from latin additio(n-), from addere "add".
- The addition of salt will improve the flavor of the soup.
- The new addition to the team is a valuable asset.
- The building's addition is almost complete.
- The addition of a new law will change the way things are done.
- The addition of the new feature has made the app more popular.