- To cite or produce (evidence or an example) in support of an argument or statement.
- To present or offer (a reason or argument) in support of something.
Late middle english (in the sense "bring forward as evidence"): from latin adducere, from ad- "to" + ducere "to lead".
- He adduced several examples to support his argument.
- She adduced evidence of the defendant's guilt.
- The lawyer adduced several precedents to support his case.
- The witness adduced testimony in favor of the accused.
- The scientist adduced new data to support his theory.