- A mass of lymphoid tissue located at the back of the nasal cavity.
- A small bump located behind the nose, above the roof of the mouth.
From the greek word aden, meaning "gland".
- The adenoid can become swollen and cause difficulty in breathing.
- The doctor recommended removal of the patient's adenoid.
- The patient's adenoids were swollen, which was causing difficulty in breathing.
- Adenoid surgery is usually performed on children.
- The adenoid is a part of the body's immune system.
Some random words: rhetorician, towboat, suffice