- A substance that is used to stick two objects together.
- A material that binds surfaces together and resists separation.
- A type of glue used to bond two surfaces together.
From latin adhaerere ("to stick to"), from ad ("to") + haerere ("to stick").
- The adhesive on the tape was not strong enough to hold the weight.
- The adhesive used in the construction was specially designed to withstand harsh conditions.
- The adhesive used to attach the soles of the shoes was waterproof.
- The adhesive bond between the two materials was tested in the laboratory.
- The adhesive used in the paper was eco-friendly and made from natural materials.