The state or condition of being next to or adjacent to something.
The word "adjacency" is derived from the latin word "adjacere" which means "to lie near".
- The adjacency of the two buildings made it easy to move between them.
- The neighborhood was safe due to the adjacency of the police station.
- The adjacency of the park made it easy for the children to play outside.
- Adjacency matrix is a useful tool in graph theory to represent relationships between nodes.
- The adjacency of the two towns made it easy for people to commute.