- A person who adjusts or resolves claims or disputes.
- A device used to adjust something to a desired position or level.
Late 17th century: from adjust + -er.
- The adjuster was sent to evaluate the damage to the car.
- The insurance adjuster was responsible for determining the cost of the damage.
- A brake adjuster, which allows you to adjust the tension on the brake shoes.
- The adjuster of the watch is used to set the time.
- The adjuster of the carburetor, which allows you to fine-tune the fuel and air mixture.