- To feel respect and warm approval for someone or something.
- To look at with pleasure and admiration.
From middle english amiren, from old french amirer, from latin admirari, present active infinitive of admiror, from ad- + miror ("wonder a.t")
- I admired the beautiful painting.
- Everyone in the room admired the new dress she was wearing.
- She admired the way he handled the difficult situation.
- He admired her determination and hard work.
- I admired the view from the top of the mountain.
Some random words: congratulatory, monetize, maypole