- The act of allowing someone to enter a place or organization.
- The act of admitting something, such as a statement or charge.
- The right or permission to enter a place or organization.
- The fee charged for admission to a place or event.
Middle english, from latin admission-, admissio, from admittere.
- The admission to the concert is $50 per person.
- The admission of guilt was a surprise to the court.
- He was denied admission to the exclusive club.
- Admission to the university is highly competitive.
- The museum has a free admission on Sundays.