- Admixture refers to the act or process of mixing or the presence of a secondary substance mixed with a primary substance.
- In chemistry, admixture refers to the addition of a secondary substance to a primary substance to produce a new mixture with different properties.
- In genetics, admixture refers to the genetic contribution from two or more populations to the gene pool of a new population.
Admixture comes from the latin word "ad" meaning "to" and "mixtus" meaning "mixed".
- The admixture of the two substances created a new compound with unique properties.
- The admixture of different cultures and traditions resulted in a rich and diverse community.
- Admixture of the two populations resulted in a new gene pool.
- The admixture of various ingredients resulted in a delicious new recipe.
- The admixture of different materials in the construction of the building resulted in a strong and durable structure.