- A mild rebuke or reprimand.
- A gentle or friendly warning.
From latin admōnēre "to advise, remind".
- The teacher gave the student an admonishment for not paying attention in class.
- The mother gave her daughter an admonishment for staying out too late.
- The boss gave the employee an admonishment for being late to work.
- He received an admonishment from the judge for his inappropriate behavior in court.
- The coach gave the player an admonishment for not following the game plan.
Some random words: autistic, buzz, ornamental