- A person or organization that adopts, especially a child or a new idea, method, or product.
- A person or organization that takes up and uses a new idea, method, or product.
Late 17th century: from adopt + -er.
- The adopter was a loving parent who provided a stable home for the child.
- The adopter of the new technology was a large corporation.
- The adopter was praised for their forward thinking.
- The adopter faced some challenges with the new product, but persevered.
- The adopter became a strong advocate for the new idea.