- Relating to adoption as a means of becoming a parent.
- Relating to a person who has been adopted.
From the latin word "adoptivus" meaning "adopted".
- The adoptive parents were overjoyed to finally bring their new daughter home.
- As an adoptive child, she was always curious about her birth parents.
- Adoptive parenting is a wonderful way to grow a family.
- The adoptive couple had to go through a rigorous home study process before being approved for adoption.
- Many people choose to become adoptive parents because they want to give a child a loving home.