- The process by which a substance collects on the surface of a solid or liquid.
- The adhesion of molecules of gas, liquid, or dissolved solids to a surface.
From the latin ad + sorbere meaning "to suck up".
- Adsorption is used in water treatment to remove impurities.
- The gas was adsorbed onto the charcoal filter.
- Adsorption is a process that occurs when the surface of a solid material attracts and holds molecules.
- The adsorption of the dye onto the fabric was studied in the lab.
- Adsorption process is used in several industrial applications such as purification of water and air.