- A woman who engages in sexual relations outside of marriage.
- A married woman who engages in sexual intercourse with someone other than her spouse.
Derived from the latin word adultera, meaning 'a woman who engages in extramarital sexual relations'.
- She was labeled an adulteress for having an affair with another man.
- The adulteress was caught in the act and punished severely.
- In many cultures, the adulteress is shunned by society.
- The adulteress was asked to repent for her actions.
- The adulteress was considered to have dishonored her husband and family.