- Having sexual intercourse with someone other than one's spouse, especially a married person.
- Not pure; mixed with foreign or inferior ingredients.
Late middle english: from old french adultere, from latin adulterium, from adulter "adulterer".
- He was accused of adulterous behavior.
- She was labelled as an adulterous woman.
- The adulterous relationship caused the end of their marriage.
- The adulterous man was punished by the society.
- It was found that the food was adulterous with harmful chemicals.
Some random words: reintroduction, credulous, external