- Voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and someone other than their spouse.
- An act of unfaithfulness to a spouse.
From the latin word "adulterium" meaning "illicit sexual intercourse".
- Adultery is considered a serious offence in many cultures and religions.
- The revelation of his wife's adultery came as a shock to him.
- Many people believe that adultery is morally wrong and can lead to the breakdown of a marriage.
- He was accused of committing adultery with his secretary.
- Adultery is grounds for divorce in many jurisdictions.
Some random words: curatorial, reassemble, launderer