- Difficulties, misfortunes, or afflictions; a state of hardship or misfortune.
- The state or condition of being exposed to harm or injury; vulnerability.
From the latin word "adversitas" meaning unfavorable condition, hardship or trouble.
- He faced adversity with courage and determination.
- She overcame adversity to become a successful businesswoman.
- The company was able to survive the adversity of the recession.
- Despite the adversity, they were able to maintain their optimism.
- The family faced adversity together and emerged stronger as a result.
Some random words: sump, shortcake, partisanship