- An opinion or recommendation offered as a guide to action or conduct.
- Guidance or recommendations given to someone.
- Counsel or guidance provided to someone.
- A suggestion or recommendation about what should be done.
- An opinion or recommendation about how to proceed.
Middle english: from old french avis, based on latin advisare "consider", from ad- "to" + visare "see".
- He gave her some advice.
- The lawyer gave him advice on how to proceed with the case.
- She gave him some advice on how to improve his golf swing.
- The doctor gave her advice on how to lose weight.
- The teacher gave the student advice on how to study for the test.