- Worthy of being recommended or suggested as prudent or desirable.
- Having good sense or judgment; prudent.
- Expedient; reasonable; desirable.
From middle english avisable, from old french aviser ("to advise"), from a- ("to") + viser ("to aim"), ultimately from latin videre ("to see").
- It is advisable to take an umbrella when the forecast calls for rain.
- Consulting a financial advisor before making investment decisions is always advisable.
- It is advisable to seek medical attention if you have a persistent headache.
- It is not advisable to drive when you are tired.
- Consulting a lawyer before signing a contract is advisable for legal protection.