A tool that is used for shaping wood or other materials, typically with a curved blade set at right angles to the handle.
From the old english æd, from proto-germanic *aidaz.
- The adz is a woodworking tool that is used to shape wood.
- The adz is used to smooth and shape rough timber.
- The adz is a versatile tool that can be used for a variety of tasks.
- The adz is a hand tool that is used to shape wood by chipping or shaving.
- The adz is used to create decorative or intricate patterns on wood.