- The process of supplying air to (soil, for example) in order to improve its quality.
- The state of being supplied with air.
From latin aer (air) + -ation (noun-forming suffix).
- The aeration of the soil before planting the seeds helped the plants grow better.
- Proper aeration of the lawn is important for healthy growth of the grass.
- The compost pile required regular aeration to ensure optimal conditions for the microorganisms.
- The aeration of the wine allowed it to fully develop its bouquet.
- Aeration is essential for the health of fish in an aquarium.