- A nest of a bird of prey, especially an eagle, typically built high in a tree or on a cliff.
- A high place, such as a cliff or mountaintop, where birds of prey live.
From the old french aire, meaning "a nest or breeding place of a bird of prey".
- The hikers stumbled upon a golden eagle's aerie in the mountain.
- The aerie was located high on a cliff and was difficult to reach.
- The aerie was home to a pair of peregrine falcons.
- The aerie was a natural fortress that provided the birds with a good view of their surroundings.
- The conservationist was able to track the bird's migration path by studying the aerie.