- A substance that is suspended in the air as a fine mist or spray, often in a pressurized container.
- A system or device that is used to dispense a substance in the form of an aerosol.
From the greek words "aero" meaning air and "sōlos" meaning vapor or mist.
- The aerosol can of spray paint allowed for easy application.
- The hairspray was dispensed in an aerosol can.
- Aerosol insecticides are effective in killing flying insects.
- The aerosol was used to deliver the medicine directly to the lungs.
- The aerosol can contains a mixture of gas and liquid particles that are dispersed into the air.