- Relating to the appreciation of beauty or good taste.
- Relating to the study of criteria for the arts and of taste.
- Relating to a sense of beauty and taste.
- Pleasing in appearance or style.
Mid 19th century: from german ästhetik, from greek aisthēsis "perception", from aisthanesthai "to perceive".
- The new building has a modern aesthetic.
- This painting has a strong aesthetic appeal.
- The designer's goal was to create an aesthetic that was both functional and attractive.
- The aesthetic of the film was greatly influenced by French New Wave cinema.
- The new furniture has a sleek, minimalist aesthetic.