A belief in the importance of beauty and the arts in human life and culture.
From the greek word "aisthēsis" meaning perception, and the suffix -ism meaning the action or process of.
- The aestheticism movement of the 19th century emphasized the importance of beauty and art in everyday life.
- His aestheticism led him to collect beautiful objects and surround himself with them.
- The designer's aestheticism was reflected in the sleek and minimalist design of the product.
- Her aestheticism was reflected in her love of fine art and her appreciation of beauty in nature.
- The aestheticism of the building was reflected in its elegant architecture and tasteful decor.