- The act of being connected with or associated with a particular group, organization, or society.
- A close relationship or association between two organizations, companies, or individuals.
- The state of being affiliated or connected with a particular group, organization, or society.
The word 'affiliation' originated from the latin word 'affiliare' which means 'to associate with or adopt as a son.'.
- The company's affiliation with the industry association helped them to stay updated with the latest developments.
- She was proud of her affiliation with the organization and its mission.
- The affiliation between the two companies allowed for greater collaboration and sharing of resources.
- The university's affiliation with the research institute provided opportunities for students to gain practical experience.
- The political affiliation of the candidates was a major issue in the election.