- A statement or assertion that something is true.
- An expression of support or loyalty.
- The act of affirming or the state of being affirmed.
- In some New Age and alternative spiritual communities, affirmation refers to a form of self-help that involves the repetition of positive phrases or statements with the intention of internalizing them and thereby changing one's attitude or behavior.
From middle english, from old french affirmation, from latin affirmatio, from affirmare ("to affirm, assert, confirm").
- His affirmation of her innocence helped her case.
- I would like to make an affirmation that I am loyal to this company.
- The affirmation of the contract was completed on time.
- The practice of daily affirmations has been helpful for her self-esteem.
- It was a powerful affirmation of our love for each other.