- An abundance of money, property, or other material goods.
- The state of being wealthy and having a lot of money or material possessions.
Middle english, from old french, from latin affluentia, from affluent-, affluens flowing in, from affluere to flow in, from ad- + fluere to flow.
- The area is known for its affluence and high standard of living.
- His family enjoyed great affluence and luxury.
- She was born into a life of affluence and privilege.
- The city is home to many people of great affluence.
- The neighborhood is a symbol of affluence and wealth.