- The process of planting trees in an area where there was no previous forest coverage.
- An area of land that has been newly planted with trees.
From the latin word "afforestare" which means "to plant a forest", from "ad" meaning "to" and "forestare" meaning "to establish a forest.".
- Afforestation is a key component of mitigating the effects of climate change.
- The government"s plan for afforestation will help increase the country"s forest cover.
- Due to the afforestation project, the once barren land is now covered in lush greenery.
- The afforestation efforts have helped to improve the local ecosystem and air quality.
- The new afforestation project will create jobs and provide economic benefits to the community.