In a state of agitation or excitement.
The word "aflutter" is a combination of the word "a-" meaning "in" and the word "flutter" meaning "to move quickly and lightly".
- She was aflutter with nerves before her big presentation.
- His heart was aflutter with excitement as he waited for her answer.
- The audience was aflutter with anticipation as the curtains opened.
- The butterfly's wings were aflutter as it flew from flower to flower.
- She was aflutter with emotions as she walked down the aisle.