- Feeling fear or apprehension about a possible or likely situation or event.
- Feeling fear or trepidation in anticipation of something.
- Feeling fear or anxiety about something.
- Hesitant or unwilling to do something because of fear or anxiety.
- Timid or fearful.
Middle english: from old english æfered, past participle of æfyrran "frighten away".
- I'm afraid of heights.
- He is afraid of failure.
- She is afraid of spiders.
- I am afraid to go to the dentist.
- He is afraid of making a mistake.
Some random words: plenipotentiary, snuggle, earthshattering