- Occurring or taking place after the typical school day.
- Relating to activities or programs that take place outside of the regular school day.
From after ("following") + school ("a place for learning").
- The after-school program offered homework help and extracurricular activities.
- She had an after-school job at the bookstore.
- The school offered an after-school sports program.
- The after-school tutoring session was held in the library.
- After-school activities included drama club and chess club.
Some random words: beautification, shortchange, detonate