- The placenta and membranes expelled from the uterus after the birth of a mammal, especially a human or domestic animal.
- The material that is expelled from the uterus after birth.
Derived from the old english word æftrbere, meaning 'what is born after'.
- The afterbirth was examined to ensure that it was complete.
- The afterbirth can be discarded or saved for examination.
- Afterbirth is a source of stem cells that can be used in research.
- She experienced excessive bleeding after giving birth, which was due to a retained afterbirth.
- The afterbirth serves as a source of nutrition for the newborn during the first few days.
Some random words: translucence, relation, heatstroke