- A device used in jet engines to provide additional thrust by burning fuel after it has left the engine's main combustion chamber.
- A supplementary device used to increase performance in jet engines.
Derived from the concept of providing additional burn after the main combustion in a jet engine.
- The afterburner is used to provide additional thrust during takeoff and high-speed flight.
- The afterburner creates a flame that is visible from the rear of the aircraft.
- The use of the afterburner can increase fuel consumption significantly.
- The afterburner provides a significant increase in thrust and speed.
- The afterburner is only used in emergency situations, as it generates a lot of heat and noise.