- The market for spare parts, accessories, or components for a product, especially a vehicle, after its original sale.
- The market for securities or commodities after the initial public offering or sale.
Late 19th century: from after + market.
- The aftermarket for the car was thriving, with many options for customization and improvement.
- The aftermarket for the stock was volatile, with prices fluctuating rapidly.
- The aftermarket for the phone was booming, with many new cases and screen protectors available.
- The aftermarket for the product was disappointing, with few upgrades or additions available.
- The aftermarket for the commodity was stable, with prices remaining consistent.
Some random words: nonelectric, unreformed, cotyledon