A smaller earthquake that occurs after a larger one.
Aftershock is a term used in seismology, it refers to smaller earthquakes that occur after a larger earthquake, known as the main shock. the term is derived from the words "after" and "shock" which are used to refer to the smaller earthquakes that happen after the main earthquake.
- The region experienced several aftershocks following the major earthquake.
- The aftershocks caused further damage to the already weakened buildings.
- Residents were advised to stay away from damaged buildings due to the possibility of aftershocks.
- The aftershock was strong enough to be felt by people in the surrounding area.
- The seismologists were monitoring the area for aftershocks.
Some random words: cub, sudden, dimensional