- The length of time that a person has lived or a thing has existed.
- A particular stage in someone's life.
- The latter part of life; old age.
- A distinct period of history.
- A long time.
- A particular level of development or maturity reached at a certain time.
Middle english: from old french aage, eage, from a ‘toward’ + a germanic base meaning ‘drive, impel’.
- He died at the age of 80.
- She looks young for her age.
- Old age can be difficult for many people.
- The Bronze Age was a period of human history.
- It took ages to finish the project.
- He has reached an age where he is eligible to vote.
- She is going through a difficult age right now.
- The Stone Age is a period of prehistoric history.