- A person or organization authorized to act on behalf of another person or organization.
- A person who acts or does things.
- A substance or organism that produces a certain effect or result.
The word 'agent' comes from the latin word 'agens' which means 'doer' or 'performer'.
- She was hired as a sales agent for the company.
- The secret agent was on a mission to gather intelligence.
- The real estate agent showed them several properties.
- He acted as an agent on behalf of the government.
- The cleaning agent was used to remove the stain.