- The act or process of making something greater, or the state of being made greater.
- The act of increasing one's power, wealth, or status, or the state of having increased these things.
Derived from the latin word 'aggrandire', meaning 'to enlarge or increase'.
- The aggrandizement of the empire was achieved through conquest and colonization.
- The politician was accused of seeking aggrandizement through corrupt means.
- The company's aggrandizement was reflected in its rapidly increasing stock value.
- The aggrandizement of the city was achieved through a series of infrastructure projects.
- The aggrandizement of the nation was seen as a sign of its growing power and influence.